What do I need to know before my first Pilates session?
“It is not about perfection. It is about making yourself a priority. We know it is hard and intimidating stepping into a new studio. We go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable starting with your very first session. Be proud knowing you are taking care of yourself and leave the rest to us.”
What should I wear to My First Pilates Class?
Our motto is “zero pretension” so ignore the hype and be yourself. We want you to move freely and comfortably and feel the same. There are no exclusive “Pilates only” clothing brands so we will leave you with these simple tips to make it easier:
- Your clothes should be comfortable enough allowing you to move and stretch fully
- Loose is ok, baggy is not recommended. This will allow our instructors see your body well enough and correct alignment if needed
Do I need to bring anything with me to the Best Denver Pilates Studio?
Bring a water bottle to stay hydrated. We have a water fountain in our studio for you to refill your bottle as many times as needed. We do not have showers at our location however most of our workouts won’t soak you. If you need to freshen up after class, our oversized bathroom is stocked with necessities such as dry shampoo, deodorant, “shower in a napkin” make up remover etc.
What results will I get from Pilates?
“In 10 sessions you will feel the difference. In 20 sessions you will see the difference. In 30 sessions you will have a whole new body.”
Leave all intimidation behind the doors of our studio. We use simple terminology to get you acquainted with basic principles essential to your Pilates practice. And, when you move – we move, which means we demonstrate every exercise for you. Expect to feel muscles you did not know you had during your first session as well as trying to engage your abdominals more then ever before. While you may not be pouring sweat at the end of the session, you will feel your muscles “speaking” to you the next day.
There is a lot of talking in Pilates. The talking is done by the instructor. Nevertheless, we can not say this enough – we want YOU to speak up. It gives us a break from speaking and we want to get to know you. Our other motto – we make it personal. Not sure what you may need to tell us? Here are a few pointers:
- Tell us if you have an injury or are recovering from one (including PT treatments)
- Tell us if you are pregnant
- During your session, is something not feel right? Please let us know. You will not hurt our feelings.
- Are you unsure what to do even after we just went through an exercise (i.e. what muscles to engage) – let us know an we will do it all over again
How Do I Stay Motivated to Workout?
Patience, consistency and your mindset are key to your success. Here are the best tips to keep you on track:
- Schedule your next session at the end of your visit while your motivation is at its highest Make new friends you can sweat with. Join our community – the personal bond you create is guaranteed to boost your motivation
- Hold yourself accountable and let the world know about your commitment to Pilates by telling your friends and family and posting on social media
- Studies have repeatedly shown working out with a friend helps you hold one another accountable and committed, yielding to faster results