In years past, college and high school sports teams have built and nurtured donor relationships through traditional avenues such as snail mail, phone-a-thons, or banquets just to name a few. While lucrative in many instances, they also have a tendency to be be cost prohibitive and time consuming. Today’s digital landscape has made connecting with current and prospective donors quick, easy, and cost efficient.
Let’s do a quick fact check according to Pew Research:
– Almost 70% of all Americans use social media today
– On any given day, most Americans check at least 3 social media feeds
– 47% of Americans learn about causes via social media
– 55% of those who engage with organizations on social media eventually take further action– donating, volunteering, signing a petition or attending an event
Here are the Top 3 ways to make your social feeds work harder for your fundraising campaigns:
- “VIP” Pass: Use short, engaging posts with emotion-inducing video & imagery so visitors have a clear understanding of your cause and the value they bring by contributing.
- Peer Power: Engage in peer to peer activity which encourages your online audience to share your campaign with their networks and request your network to “engage” with your posts (“like” , “tweet”, “share” etc.). This will ensure a higher rate of return on investment.
- Hit the “Easy” button: When making a donation, the process should be simple & straightforward by offering multiple payment options and a helpline (if needed) to enable the donor to complete their transaction in just a few minutes!
Why Wait? Go Social with Campaign Sports for your next fundraising campaign!
#MoreThanCrowdfunding #donate #causes #fundraising #fundraise #fundraiser #WednesdayWisdom #WednesdayMotivation #socialmedia #socialmediamarketing